Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm still here...

Hi everyone!  Sorry for being MIA once again (hanging my head in shame.)  I am having a really hard time staying motivated to keep up my blog after the holidays but I'm sure I'll be back on track soon.  Thanks for sticking with me!

Alright, I'm going to do a little rambling now.... so I think that my style of photography is going through a transition at the moment.  I love photographing people and usually concentrate on capturing the facial expressions.  I love to get in close and blur the background so the focus is on the face and especially the eyes (think headshots.)  So in essence, I can shoot this way anywhere as long as the light is good.  Lately, though, I find myself preferring to set up my shots against interesting backdrops such as a cool wall, and stepping back a bit to include the environment in the image.  I particularly like an urban type setting because it's edgy, hip and makes for a cool image.  An urban setting works particularly well when a subject is wearing a fashionable outfit.  I really enjoy the fashion aspect of these kinds of sessions and I get giddy with excitement when my clients are dressed like they just walked off a magazine spread!  So although I still love to photograph a person's face close-up, I also love to capture my subjects in their environment and posing a little bit... like an editorial piece for a fashion magazine.

Alright, enough with the rambling.  So the boys and I were in LA this weekend for a casting call and since we had time to kill, we had an impromptu photo session in the parking lot and up and down the street.  The boys were excited to be able to pick out "where Mommy could take pictures."  In fact, whenever we are driving around, my boys are always pointing out graffiti and interesting buildings as potential locations.  How cute is that?  I have my own built-in location scouts - haha!


By the way, the boys are wearing t-shirts and hats picked up from Target.  Sweatshirts are gifts from Nana {smooches} and I blogged about their awesome jeans which you can read about here.  See, you don't have to spend a fortune to look fashionable!

1 comment: