Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What to Wear?

I oftentimes get asked, "how should I dress my kids for our portrait session?"  My recommendation would depend on whether the session is for an individual child, siblings or family.  Today, I will focus on the individual child.

For a portrait session with one child, I recommend wearing clothing a little more bold and colorful with lots of texture to show off personality.  This is an opportunity for your child to shine!  Clothing that has texture tend to photograph better and adds more visual interest.  I suggest staying away from pale colors, tiny prints and large logos.  Accessories such as hats and scarves are terrific.  Depending on the location, I usually recommend bare feet, but shoes are great as long as they are not scuffed or look worn.  

I believe that what you wear is an important element of the photo session so I urge you to give some thought to your child's outfit.  Most of all, have fun picking outfits which reflect your child's personality and if you're stuck, remember that I'm just a phone call/email away!

If you're curious, I can make some recommendations on where to find some fashionable kids' clothes in another post.  For now, here are some adorable sundresses for baby & toddler girls at Gap Kids and Old Navy, just in time for summer.  You don't need to spend a lot to look fabulous!  Just add a bright colored hat or headband, cute sandals and your little girl is ready for her closeup!   








No comments:

Post a Comment