Thursday, June 11, 2009

A relationship between mother and child

So I've said over and over again that I am no writer. I struggle to write something clever and interesting on this blog, all the while trying not to be offensive, flippant, boring, whatever. Just really attempting to adquately describe what I'm trying to express... Usually I keep my posts as one or two liners and let my images do the talking. One of the things I cannot do -- never have and never will -- is write poetry. So I just happened to be browsing around this site for inspiration and came across this:

"Did you ever wonder how a child ended up with a specific mother? According to Sufi mysticism, the soul of the child looks down at the world and sees every soul that resides in every woman. When he finds the one that will be able to help him fulfill his life's purpose, he makes his choice. The relationship between the mother and child is no accident. At times the child may reject his mother and wish he had a different one. Remember your soul made the choice for a reason. This woman can help you live your purpose."

WOW! What a tremendous responsibility to help both of my boys fulfill their life purposes... whatever they may be. I can only hope for Chase & Tristan to have pure joy of the heart, living and loving to the fullest extent, and sharing their lives through all of life's ups and downs with their soulmates.

In closing, I wanted to share what Tristan said to me the other day: "Mom, I want to get married." I smiled as I asked him, "Who do you want to marry?" Do you know what he said?

"Mommy". Talk about melting of the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment