I chose this image of the adorable Miss "L" to use because (1) she's just so darn cute and (2) I love to see her little face over and over again and (3) her mama will be so proud ;-) So once again, we'll start with the SOOC image. It was shot intentionally underexposed because I did not want to blow out the whites [f2.0, 1/800, ISO 100]
The following image is the first edit and my usual steps were taken to achieve this look:
1) Defog image
2) Adjust Highlight to bring out details hidden in shadows
3) Curves layer to brighten and add contrast as well as color pop
4) Adjust hues to get rid of the blue/cool cast in the image
5) Touch up her face and eyes just a teeny tiny bit.... her face is perfect and I didn't have to do much
6) Resize and sharpen for web
From there, I ran the Marmalade Silver Luminosity action which gave me a completely different look with just a click of a button. I like the richness of this image.
I went back to the first edited version and then this time ran TRA's Lux action (click, click) which resulted in a soft, vintage look.CoffeeShop's Honey Retro action and I love it, although I would normally want to spend a few more minutes to mask it a little on the face. Speaking of CoffeeShop, what a fantastic resource it is! Rita, the woman behind CoffeeShop blogs about photography, editing, life as a SAHM and her site is full of actions, tips, templates, etc. and best of all, it's 100% FREE! Go check out Rita's site here. You might want to grab something to drink and plan to stay a while.... I'm not kidding, there's a ton of good stuff.