Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sneaking Around With Zucchini

Did you know that August 8th is "Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch" Day? I had no idea such a holiday existed, but hey, what a great idea for getting rid of the abundance of zucchini growing in our garden! You can read all about the holiday here.

We didn't partake in the holiday since I didn't know about it until 4 days later; however, I have been actively (aka desperately) searching for ways to incorporate zucchini into our meals. I'm running out of ideas and my family is running away from me at mealtimes. Then I found a recipe for Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins. These are moist, yummy and super easy to make. Chase & Tristan gave them 2 thumbs up. Hope you enjoy it too! You can find the full recipe and reviews here.

ZUCCHINI CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

INGREDIENTS:
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well.
2. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until muffins test done.

I didn't have a chance to take photos.... the muffins were so yummy that I kind of forgot about everything else. However, I am posting a photo since no post is complete without an image. I have no idea what this flower is called, but I thought it was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment