Friday, February 20, 2009

I Heart Canvas!

I cannot say enough nice things about the Gallery Wrap Canvas... the frameless look makes it look very clean and modern, and it really does turn a photograph into a work of art. The image is printed on museum-quality canvas and hand stretched onto a custom built 1.5" thick wooden frame. The image is gallery wrapped, meaning the image wraps around the sides of the canvas. What's great about a canvas is that you save time and money since it comes ready to hang! The vendor I work with uses the highest quality archival ink that will not fade or discolor. Each print is sprayed with a UV coating for added protection and a gloss-type finish. They can produce any size canvas and it's perfect for filling a large wall space in your home.

My sister ordered three canvases of her son {my darling nephew} in different sizes; she kept the 16x20 and the lucky grandparents received the other two. Here's what it looks like hung up.
Here's a close-up view of a canvas we have hanging above our sofa.
This canvas is sized at 20x24. It may sound rather large (especially if you're used to displaying 8x10 or 11x14's) but as you can see, it really is not too big on a wall space and fills it up rather nicely. BTW, sorry about the image quality -- I am having some technical issues. Please bear with me as I stumble my way around this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment